Baptist women have made a remarkable contribution to the world in many ways. Below are links to the stories of some of these inspiring women
This year marks the beginning of a number of centenary celebrations for Baptist women.
March is Women’s History Month and each day we will be tweeting about a remarkable Baptist woman and adding their story to this page. Click on the links below to discover more information about their stories and the amazing impact they had on the development of the Baptist denomination over the past 400 years.
Biographies of Baptist Women
- Amelia Angus – a founder of the Zenana Baptist Mission and wife of Rev Joseph Angus.
- Dr Ellen Farrer – was one of the first women in England to qualify as a doctor in 1890 and travel as a medical missionary.
- Mary Anne Hearn – better known as Marianne Farningham, was an educationalist, journalist, and lecturer in the 19th century.
- Rev Violet Hedger – first female probationary Baptist minister.
- Anne Steele – prolific 18th century Baptist Hymn writer